Thursday 11 October 2007

Antipattern introduction seminar

    On Monday (09/10/2007) I was holding workshop about Antipatterns in our host company Ciklum. Attendance was quite low, but anyway I know start can't be easy.
    The topic is quite interesting, but since workshop was going to be mainly based on single book "Antipattern" by W. Brown and company, I strongly decided to brighten up it with my own experience. Project I'm involved in is all geographic map of Antipattern, so I had enough examples to make presentation pretty close to reality.
    I have found one peculiar thing: some people are really appreciate commiting to the main topic of presentation: they were steadily asking question and sharing their experience or opinion. Once I thought it's not good that reporter is frequently interrupted, but I really like it now. Only suggestion, that he (reporter) should be adequate on interrupting: to not argue very much and to know when to stop paying attention on the active listener.
    Next time I would rather have something like technical club, where all participants will be more or less equal ...


    And I believe I already have some ideas ...